Road Ready Program
This 6-week course is delivered by qualified instructors and gives clients the essential knowledge required to start driving safely on the roads in the ACT. Clients then undertake the Learner’s knowledge test and upon successful completion they can get their Learner’s license and start driving lessons. The course is delivered with the support of translators where required.
Learn to Drive Program
MARSS runs a Learn to Drive Program to equip clients with the necessary knowledge and skills to obtain the ACT Provisional or full license and start driving independently.
Our driving lessons are offered at a discount rate of $45 per hour.
MARSS’ trained and certified driving instructors are familiar with working with multicultural learners. Our instructors are sensitive to the challenges and cultural differences experienced by migrants and refugees.
- Be over the age of 16 years old.
- Hold ACT Learners License.
- Family income less than $50,000 per year.
- Single income less than $18,000 per year.
You will need a referral from one of our caseworkers to be referred to our Learn to Drive Program.
Once you have been referred, our Driving Instruction will contact you to book for your first lesson.
The driving hours required in the logbook depend on the age of the learner licence holder:
- drivers under 25 years of age at the time of getting your ACT learner licence are required to complete 100 supervised driving hours including 10 at night.
- drivers 25 years of age or older at the time of getting your ACT learner licence are required to complete 50 supervised driving hours including 5 at night.
Sourced from Access Canberra – ACT driver licence information